Signs of a Cheating Spouse Study Released by PInow
February 14, 2012 - PInow.com details what private investigators say are the most prominent signs of infidelity in a relationship in their latest infographic.
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and with it one of the common days when cheating spouses are busted. In light of the holiday, PInow.com, a trusted network of private investigators, released a study on what private investigators say are the most common signs of a cheating spouse. The study involved a survey of private investigators regarding their experiences with infidelity and what people can expect during an infidelity investigation.
“Infidelity is an unfortunate occurrence in many marriages,” PInow co-founder Trent Carlyle states, “And though extensive statistics exist, private investigators have never been consulted about what their experience has revealed about infidelity.” The study, which aims to help individuals who suspect infidelity decide if their suspicions are valid, provides private investigators with a tool for educating potential clients on infidelity and what to expect during an investigation.
According to the study, the six most common signs of a cheating spouse are:
- Changes in Intimacy: Private investigators explained that an increase or decrease in intimacy and affection levels is the most prominent indicator of infidelity.
- Suspicious Phone Habits: Whether it’s walking out of the room for a conversation with someone who had the “wrong number” or deleting text messages, investigators agree that suspicious phone habits are a major sign of infidelity.
- Changes in Appearance: Investigators say that if a spouse is changing their style or suddenly taking steps to lose weight they might be doing so for the benefit of someone outside of the relationship.
- Suspicious Internet Use: According to investigators, late-night Internet usage and increased privacy settings on the computer generally mean there is something to hide.
- Changes in Work Routine: A recent layoff, new job and sudden need to work late on a regular basis can be a sign of cheating.
- Changes in Bathing Habits: Along with a change in appearance, investigators say that using a new cologne and showering immediately upon arriving home is another common sign of infidelity.
Other information gleaned from the study focused on what to expect during an infidelity investigation, which can last anywhere from four hours to six months. The average cost of an infidelity investigation is $2,377, though prices were listed as low as $500 and as high as $5,500. Most of the surveyed investigators say that infidelity is verified in over 75% of their investigations.
Additional statistics from The American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Indiana University, Business Week, The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal, include:
- When infidelity is present in relationship, 55% of the time the husband cheats, while 45% of the time it’s the wife.
- 74% of husbands and 68% of wives would have an affair if they knew they wouldn’t get caught
- Wives who suspect their husbands are cheating are correct 85% of the time
- Husbands who suspect their wives are cheating are correct 50% of the time
The study, which is presented as an infographic, was conducted to educate individuals who are suspicious that their spouse may be cheating and to provide private investigators with an educational resource for potential clients. PInow encourages you to:
- Embed it on your website
- Post it to your investigations or romance and relationships blog
- Share it with anyone who might find the information interesting or helpful
- Share it with anyone who suspects infidelity in their relationship
- Share your feedback by commenting on the piece.
PInow.com, a subsidiary of LAWgical, is the most widely used source for finding trusted and local private investigators. PInow.com assists legal professionals, insurance companies, corporations public institutions, government agencies and the public in locating a qualified investigator.
2854 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80205