Front End / UI Designer, CSS Hacker
- Web/UI/Graphic Designer (Development Skills a plus)
- Denver, CO
Do you love typography, Git, Sass, frameworks in general, color palettes, marketing, photoshop paths and keyboard shortcuts? Do you like working on awesome UI projects and killer content pieces? Are you the next great design pro that LAWgical is looking for?
LAWgical is a fun, entrepreneurial marketing and software firm that has changed the perception and professionalism of several legal-related niches. We build and manage legal directories, design client websites, help them run their business more efficiently and provide SEO services.
We’ve been in the booming RiNo district of Denver for nearly four years. Currently, we are located right next door to the best coffee shop in Denver and a tap room is opening across the parking lot! We’re in the process of securing a future, permanent home just a couple blocks away on Blake Street - we have big plans for this space!
Everyone wears a lot of hats at LAWgical - we work hard, but we understand the importance of quality of life. Our team is comprised of Olympians, music bloggers, soccer bloggers/college educators, entrepreneurs, amateur hurlers and sleepy Dobermans. We work with the best people and we have a lot of fun!
We are seeking a professional web designer with a kick ass attitude and passion for design.
Our primary needs are in the areas of user interface development and information architecture. Expert CSS knowledge and “tableless” layouts are a must. The candidate must be accomplished in creating usable, functional, sharp web interfaces, print ads, and graphics and should have a minimum of 3 years of corporate, agency or freelance experience. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter that takes a concept and creates above and beyond our expectations. Our goal is to find someone full-time who can immediately contribute to projects that are going to have an impact on our industries. The ideal candidate has strong user interface, design and branding skills. Experience with Git, Sass/Haml and Ruby on Rails is a big plus.
- Expert knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Proficient with Photoshop
- Experience with information architecture
- Ability to visualize and develop clean, functional user interfaces
- Ability to understand our business model, market and end user needs
- Experience with dynamic templates
- Familiar with IE8+, Firefox, Chrome and Safari
- Ideal candidate will be able to provide sliced templates in Haml / Sass
- Although not a requirement, creation of copy as well as SEO experience would be an added benefit.
- Git, SVN or CVS
- Sass / Haml
- Ruby on Rails
- SEO knowledge
- Copywriting (related to UX)
Compensation & benefits
- Salary is commensurate on experience
- Health / Vision Benefits
- Friday Lunches Provided
- A creative and flexible work environment
- Discounted Gym Membership
To be considered, please:
- apply at the link below, or email software [at] lawgical [dot] com
- include a link to your portfolio
- include your salary requirements and salary history
- answer the following questions in your email
What’s your favorite font?
Who’s your favorite tech/design person on Twitter?
What’s your favorite tech or design industry site?